Little Known Dragon Ball Z Facts
1. Did you know that Rou Kaioushin is fused with someone? No, I'm not talking about Kaioushin, he's fused with Kibito, most people know that. But thousands of years ago, before he was sealed in the Z Sword, Rou Kaioushin looked very much like Kaioushin. Well, one day he was sitting under a tree reading a comic book, (manga), when an old witch snuck up from behind him and stole one of his earrings. These are the Potora earrings that automatically cause Fusion if both are put on the opposite ears of two different people. She put the earring on her left ear and Rou Kaioushin looked at her in horror as the two flew through the air towards each other and fused life. That's why Rou Kaioushin looks so different from Kaioushin, and that's also how he was able to do that spell to upgrade Gohan's power since he's part witch.
2.Did you know that Tenshinhan participates in the fight against Super Buu? Super Buu was about to do an attack that would kill Gohan, but suddenly a blast came out of nowhere and deflected Buu's attack. It was Tenshinhan's Kikohou. Of course he gets knocked out later, and dies when the Earth explodes, but hey, at least he helped unlike two other Z Fighters, ahem, Kuririn and Yamucha. Even when they were alive, they hardly even tried to help out against Majin Buu.
3.(Courtesy of King Jimbo) Did you know that planet Vegita wasn't always planet Vegita? Before the Saiya-jin took over, it was called planet Plant!
4.Did you know that Mr. Satan's dog is named Bee?
5.Did you know that in the TV series only, Kuririn had a girlfriend before No. 18? Her name was Maron, just like his daughter, except her name didn't have two r's. She was really beautiful, but a total ditz.
6.Did you know that in the TV series only, there was an episode where Gohan went on a date? He thinks a girl named Angela knows a secret of his, (she never says what the secret she knows is), and she bribes him to go out with her, or else she'll tell everyone. Gohan thinks she knows he's the Great Saiya Man, but it turns out, she only knew he wears teddy bear underwear.
7. Did you know that in the TV series only, there's an episode which focusses on Piccolo and Gokou going to driving school? It's hysterical! It ends up in an all out race between the 2 warriors, from a crowded high-way, to the outskirts of town.
8.Did you know that Vegita never reached true Ultimate Super Saiya-jin during the Cell saga? The only people to reach that level were Trunks and Son Gokou. Trunks states that his father was only lacking a little bit of power. Ultimate SSJ, is essentially SSJ2, but with not quite as much power, and it's a very slow moving form.
9.Did you know that Vegita actually admits that Gokou is better at fighting than him? In the episode where Gokou fights Little Buu as Super Saiya-jin 3, Vegita is off to the side watching and contemplaiting Gokou's actions and powers throughout the years. Finally he figures out that why Gokou is so strong. He fights not just for his personal goal, but for the safety of others, as well as personal enjoyment. He doesn't fight just to win, just to have a good time. He remembers all the times Gokou surpassed him and finally his speech ends with, "Gokou, you truly are Earth's Number 1 fighter!".
10. (Courtesy of King Jimbo) Did you know that at one point Piccolo is stronger than Gokou, Vegita, Trunks, and Gohan? When he fuses with Kami, he becomes the most powerful Z Soldier for a while.
11. Did you know that Gokou's home address IS actually given in the series and manga? His address is 439 East District.
12.(Courtesy of King Jimbo) Did you know that the Cell that everyone in the present fights, is actually from a third time-line we never see? The Cell that Gohan killed arrived here in the following steps. First he killed Trunks in his time, stole Trunk's time machine, arrived in the present, precisely one year before Cyborg Freeza arrived, stayed in a pupa state, and then hatched several years later. It sounds confusing, but it's true.
13. Did you know that in Future Trunks' time, Androids 16,19 and 20 never existed? Also, Doctor Gero was killed by his creations, so Trunks never even saw him.
14. Did you know that regardless of Gokou's many fruitless attempts to learn to drive, eventually he does. He even passes the written test because Chi-chi forces him to study all night.
15. Did you know that there's a pretty funny episode near the end of Z where Buruma holds a party for everyone, even Dende is invited. Everyone has a good time, even Vegita, who after getting drooled on by Buu, actually smiles and gives him a sandwich. Everyone's there except of course, yep, Gokou. He's off protecting some terrydactyl eggs. But eventually he shows up. At the very end of another late Z episode, there's a cute bit where Gokou is splashing around with Goten and Trunks in his water basin. Eventually it gets aggressive and Gokou holds the kid's heads under-water, but then they hop out and do fusion naked, becoming a nude Gotenks. Gotenks jumps in and tries to overcome Gokou, but Gokou turns into Super Saiya-jin 2 and the water basin explodes leaving a naked Gokou happily staring down at his attacker. Buruma and Ch-chi rush forward to cover up their little warrior..er...warriors.
16. Perhaps, when you first heard Gokou's Japanese voice, you thought, "Ha! That's pretty funny!!! It sounds like a girl!" Guess what? You're right. That means that Gohan, and Goten's voices are also a woman's since the same person does all three character's voices. Kuririn's voice is also a woman!
17. Did you know that Akira Toriyama made a short comic of Vegita beating up Gokou? Well...beating him at a Super Famicom game that is.
18. Did you know that the name of the temple that Kuririn came from was the Orinji Temple. The word Orinji means, "Many Tree", so Kuririn comes from the Many Tree Temple.
19. Did you know that The Capsule Corporation and the Red Ribbon Army, were actually in competition with each other in the auto industry? RR's percentage of world-wide sales was 16%, and the CC's percentage of world-wide sales was 40%. However in the year, 778, the CC completely destroys them in the industry.
20. Did you know that in the TV series only, there was an episode that dealt with Gohan getting tuttored? The guy was a real mean SOB and actually whipped Gohan with a little whip. Chi chi started to get angry about that, but when the tutor bad-mouthed Gokou, Chi chi went nuts and ran him out of the house.
21. Did you know that Mr. Satan is indeed a very strong man? Probablly the strongest human minus any of the Z Soldiers and his daughter. Before the Cell Game, (in the TV series only), to show his strength to the world, he pulls 4 busses across a stadium.
21. Did you know that there was a HUGE difference between Trunks the Story manga, and the Trunks TV Special? In the manga, Trunks was able to turn SuperSaiya-jin before Gohan died. But in the TV Special, Gohan's death is what caused Trunks to transform into the Super Saiya-jin.
22. Did you know that according to police records, Buruma's ID number is SSC 41453 ?
23. Did you know there were 187 fights from Dragon Ball to the end of Dragon Ball Z?
24. Did you know that Future Trunks goes back to his time, and kills the Artificial Humans 17 and 18 in episode 194 of Dragon Ball Z, and ironically, when Trunks fought them, that was the 149th battle in the series.
25. Did you know that Buruma changes her hairstyle, (not counting her first one), 15 times from DB to the end of DBZ?
26. Yes ladies and gentleman, it does exist! For the first time on the Internet, I present to you, a complete and ACCURATE list of every given power level in Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z! This list is taken directly from Dragon Ball Daizenshyu 7, and the manga. There can be no disputing these power levels, they're given by Toriyama himself. Notice there are no power levels given after the Freeza saga, that's because scouters weren't used again, except for once very briefly after the battle on Nameck. If you see a list of power levels on the Internet that has power levels AFTER the Freeza saga, don't trust it. It's only speculation and opinion. Also notice I haven't written down any controversial power levels, ex. Gokou as a baby. This was only shown in the TV Special, and the TV Specials, the anime, and movies are sort of like, "another dimension", of DB/Z. If anyone finds Baby Gokou's power in the manga, let me know, and I'll add it. So without further adue, I present you with the power levels of DB/Z.
Power Levels27. Nappa DID have hair! It was shown only once in the Bardock TV Special.
- Gokou's power level at the begining of Dragon Ball- 10
- Gokou's Ohazoru power level at the begining of Dragon Ball- 100 *NOTE* Turning Ohazoru increases a Saiya-jin's power 10x.
- Jackie Chun's *Kame Sennin's* power level during the 22 Tenkaichi Budoukai- 139
- Gokou's power level at the 22 Tenkaichi Budoukai- 180
- Tenshinhan's power level at the 22 Tenkaichi Budoukai- 180
- Tsurusennin's power level- 120
- Gokou's power level during the fight with Piccolo Daimaou- 260
- Piccolo Daimaou's power level-260
- Gohan's power level during the fight with Raditz- 1 to 1,307
- Gokou's power level during the fight with Raditz- 416
- Piccolo's power level during the fight with Raditz- 408
- Raditz's power level- 1,500
- Kuririn's power shortly after the fight with Raditz- 206
- Kame Sennin's power level shortly after the fight with Raditz- 139
- Tenshinhan's power level shortly after the fight with Raditz- 250
- Yamucha's power level shortly after the fight with Raditz- 177
- Gohan's power level right before the fight with the Saiya-jin- 981
- Piccolo's power level right before the fight with the Saiya-jin- 1,220
- Kuririn's power level right before the fight with the Saiya-jin- 1,083
- Yamucha's power level during the fight with the Saibamen- 1,480
- Kuririn's power level during the fight with the Saiya-jin- 1,770
- Piccolo's power level during the fight with the Saiya-jin- 3,500
- Chaozu's power level during the fight with the Saiya-jin- 610
- Tenshinhan's power level during the fight with the Saiya-jin- 1,830
- Gohan's power level during the fight with the Saiya-jin- 2,800
- The Saibamen's power level- 1,200
- Nappa's power level- 4,000
- Vegita's power level when fighting Gokou- 18,000
- Gokou's power level during the fight with Vegita- 8,000
- Gokou's power level at 4x Kaiouken- 32,000
- Gohan's max power level on Nameck- 14,000
- Kuririn's max power level on Nameck- 13,000
- Vegita's power level when he arrives on Nameck- 24,000
- Vegita's max power level on Nameck- 30,000
- Freeza's first form max power- 530,000
- Nail's max power level- 42,000
- A normal Fighter Nameck's power level- 1,000-3,000
- Gokou's power level during the fight with the Ginyu Tokusentai- 90,000
- Gokou's power level when fighting Ginyu himself- 180,000
- Ginyu's max power level- 120,000
- Ginyu's max power when in Gokou's body- 23,000
- Gokou's power level when fighting Freeza- 300,000
- Freeza's 50% power level- 6,000,000
- Freeza's 100% power level- 12,000,000
- Gokou's power level at Super Saiya-jin- 15,000,000 *NOTE* When Gokou returns to Earth, his Super Saiya-jin power level is even greater.
- Trunks' surpressed power level when he first arrives- 5
28. Something that goes through everyone's mind who has seen Japanese DBZ is, "I wonder what the people who do these great voices look like!". Well wonder no more! Here are some of the most famous voice actors' pictures from DBZ!
Interestingly enough, (Yet typical of the Japanese), Mayumi is wearing a shirt with english words on it, that make barely any sense. In Japan it's "trendy" to wear shirts with english on them even though they don't make any sense, and vice-versa here. The words are:
" 45 RPM Studios
Directly above to the right and left are pictures of the people behind two of the greatest villains, Artificial Humans 18 and 17. Above them is the voice actor for that sword wielding "hunk", (as some girls might put it), Trunks. Directly above in the center is a shot of all the above actors, as well as Masako. These photos were taken during the making of Trunks' TV Special.
29. Did you know that Cell's incubation period in a tank is 24 years? And his larva state takes 4 years to absorb enough nutrients to reach his first stage. This means that the Cell Gohan kills is only 28 years old.
30. I've had pictures of Toriyama for a long time now, but for some dumb reason, it only hit me now that you might actually want to see pictures of who I consider to be the world's greatest manga writer and artist, Akira Toriyama. The color picture is from a looong time ago. Now Toriyama has...well, less hair and recently was sporting a mustache. The baby in the picture is his first child, Sasuke.
I'll add new facts here all the time. If you want to question a fact I've stated, contact me. And check back frequently.
Back to my Main Page